Monday, 9 January 2017

7 Excuses You Can Eliminate From Your Life Right Now

You have set goals for 2017, big goals. This is going to be your year, right? This is the year you will make your mark. The year you will be able to look back on and say, "I did it".

It's your time...isn't it?



At some point this year you will either have your fantastic results or you will have your reasons for no results woven into your story. I call them excuses. 

Of course, if you are not making excuses for lack and are highly successful you can skip reading this blog (Or pass it on to someone you know who cowers behind their excuses).

In my line of work I hear all sorts of stuff as to why people haven't achieved. I love those people. They are the people I get achieving again. 

Some unfortunately, haven't even bothered trying or have given up way toooo early. Why? because they find excuses to justify their lack of results. 

I'm not apologizing fellow bloggers and readers, for being direct. If you are hiding behind one or two of these I hope they can jolt you into action.

7 Excuses to Eliminate So You Can Live Life to the Fullest


Here are 7 of those pesky excuses you can eliminate from your life right now so that you can get better results-or more of what you do want and less of what you don't want.

1) I'm too old


Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that success or getting what you want came with an expiry date? I know plenty of people who didn't start achieving until their mid 50's and beyond. 

The funny thing is, I was talking to someone the other day who said they were too young. 

Age is Nonsense.

2) I'm too young


Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that success or getting what you want comes with a start date. I've read of millionaires at the age of 16, budding entrepreneurs at age 10, so what's stopping you? 

And the funny thing is, I was talking to someone the other day who said they were too old. What do you make of that? 

Age is Nonsense.

3) I'm not intelligent enough


Really? If you are looking for a career with NASA it could be an issue. Are you?

I think it is over 70% of self-made, successful people were only C grade students. There is another high number of such dropouts running Fortune 500 companies. So what has intelligence got to do with it? 

There are also different types of intelligence. Like emotional, artistic (Music, carpentry, poetry, drawing etc), practical (Fixing stuff) and social intelligence. 

I was once the Group Business Director in a multi-million dollar company. Virtually every employee was a Uni graduate and I'm not; yet I was running the whole thing and they weren't. What do you make of that?

Attitude, continuous learning, determination, belief and self-confidence go an awful long way. All things you can develop.

Intelligence? Nonsense.

4) I don't have the money


Ah, that old chestnut. Another big cop-out. Having no money or very little can be a blessing. 

It forces you to be extra creative, determined and resilient in your endeavors. 

I once read of a highly successful self-made guy who when he started on his entrepreneurial journey, was living in a hostel for the homeless. He certainly didn't have any money but it didn't stop him. 

I remember a time when I put on a six week self-improvement course (When I was still in the depths of depression) and within 12 weeks I had 21 paying attendees. I did all the marketing and created the course with no money and no computer. And I had to pay for a hall to conduct the weekly classes too. 

No money? Nonsense.

5) I inherited my failures; it's in my genes; it's my parents fault


Another popular nonsense excuse over the last few years. 20 or 30 years ago you probably couldn't have blamed your genes, so I wonder what excuse people used then? Strange thing is (And I'm not going into detail in this blog, please just trust me) your genes can actually be switched 'on' or 'off' depending on your thinking. So who's to blame again?

The other popular one of course is it is my parents fault. They are to blame, people cry. No they are not. You are responsible for your results nobody else. Take responsibility. I recently read that 74% of the CEO's of the top 500 Fortune companies had bad upbringings by their parents. Sort of eliminates the parent trap excuse, right?

Oh, and look at some of the major achievers. They had horrendous childhoods. Take Oprah Winfrey for example. Get rid of the parent excuse right now.

All of these are nonsense.

6) It's in my stars; I'm the wrong sign; feng shui/ wrong number/date of birth/tarot reader told me


Oh you are crouching behind this are you? Leave it to fate? If you leave it to fate you are doomed. 

Did a fortune teller tell you that you were the wrong sign or this year was "bad for you"? How many predictions have they actually got correct? If I gave out as many as they did I would get some right too. 

If you believe in me, I can also predict your future for you. I 'suggest' and you simply self-prophecy (I actually do this to great positive effect with my clients). 

Listen, if you want to predict the future I suggest you get out there and start creating it. 

Fortune telling? It's all nonsense.

7) I don't know what I want


Oh my, but if you did, you would be out there going for it, right? Sure. I tell you what, why not start at least doing something whilst you are seeking what you do want? And if you keep using that language (I just don't know what I want to do), you will go to the grave never knowing.

Change your questions and you will get better answers. "What am I really, deeply passionate about? What gets me excited? If I wasn't afraid, what would I try and achieve? are just a few for you. 

I didn't discover what I utterly loved to do until I was 40 something. I had jobs I didn't particularly enjoy (Usually as stop gaps or stepping stones) and work I enjoyed. It's part and parcel of getting to find what you do love; trial and error. 

Meantime, you are earning money and being productive and who knows what it could lead to?

Don't know what you want? Of course you do. This is an excuse usually created by the unconscious mind so prevent you from trying. Usually has its foundations in some kind of fear.

Remember, you can go through life justifying all of these excuses or you can start getting better results. It really is your choice.

By the way, I have used all of those excuses too at sometime or another. They got me nowhere.

If you take responsibility for your outcomes and then take appropriate action you will find success and the things you truly desire appearing more and more in your life. You will be living life to the fullest. It's not rocket science. And don't let anyone tell you it is.

Remember, at some point this year you will either have fantastic results or you will have some elaborate, lame excuses woven into your story. What it is going to be? 

Get out there and make a good go of it. Make it happen. Commit to what you want. Don't let anything stand in your way.

You can do it.
Google